7 Steps to Philanthropy
- Discuss your overall philanthropic goals with your family members and legal or tax advisors.
- Decide how much you can afford to give.
- Determine the causes/organizations that will use your donations to meet the goals you support.
- Meet with staff at the Columbia Basin Foundation to discuss your plan. Ask questions, explore different gift vehicles available to you, and review the documents needed to implement your plan.
- Share the documents with your family and your professional advisors.
- Transfer your gift to the Columbia Basin Foundation.
- Review our confirmation of your completed gift and the ongoing progress of grants that are awarded from your fund.