5 Ways to Maximize Your End of Year Giving
With the holiday season fast approaching, the Columbia Basin Foundation family would like to wish each and everyone of you a beautiful holiday season. We are so grateful to serve a community as rich and supportive as you are; you inspire us to continue to do the work that we love to do. As the end of the year draws near, let us all remember the ways that we can help support those around us, now and in the future. If you are looking for ways to maximize the benefits that come with year end giving, we are sharing our top 5 tips below.
As you make your plans for giving, let us know if we can help answer any questions for you. We want you to be as fulfilled financially by your gift as we know you will be emotionally. Your gifts, whether for Columbia Basin Foundation or for another cause that is close to your heart, will make an impact on your community.
How to Maximize Your End of Year Gifts
- Give to a 501(c)(3) charity (like the Columbia Basin Foundation!)
- Double your donation through your employer's matched giving benefits (be sure to ask if your employer offers a match program!)
- A planned charitable bequest to continue the legacy of your family for future generations
- Donate items to local charitable organizations in need (be sure to get a receipt!)
- Gifts of stock to an existing fund or create a fund of your own
What does 501(c)(3) mean?
Section 501(c)(3) is the portion of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code that allows for federal tax exemption of nonprofit organizations, specifically those that are considered public charities, private foundations or private operating foundations. It is regulated and administered by the U.S. Department of Treasury through the Internal Revenue Service. This means that any donation you make to this type of organization is tax deductible. Public charities provide the highest amount of deductibility.